Can’t remote desktop into your corporate server/desktop like you use to?
Curious why your Remote Desktop app on your new Blackberry Z10/Q10 doesn’t allow you to remote desktop through your BES server? Back with BES 5.X, applications that are on your Blackberry have default access to your internal network through the BES server. It looks like the new BES 10 doesn’t allow that by default.
I’ve tried several free apps from app world that don’t work. Even better known ones like 2X currently don’t support RDP through the BES server. Does that mean you have VPN into your network before you can RDP?
Well, until I found out about Remote Desktop for Blackberry – By Todd Grayson. Since update 184.108.40.206 and above, the RDP app supports RDP through your BES 10 Server! This $4.99 app will grant you RDP access to your internal network without the need of installing any third party apps on the server or take the extra step to connect through a VPN.
This app is pretty simple to use and currently supports the following features and Operating systems:
- Built from the ground up for BlackBerry® 10
- 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit color support
- Standard screen resolutions including the BlackBerry® 10 native resolutions
- Maintain a list of servers with a single tap to connect
- Save your username, password, and domain to speed connections and reduce typing
- RDP data compression and caching to save bandwidth
- Support for console sessions
- Support for non standard ports
- Double tap to open files
- Press and tap for right click functionality
- A menu icon to show the keyboard to ease text input
- Maintain multiple connections t the same time and jump between them
- Provides both Gesture and Pointer modes for more control.
- Open RDP files
- Send a connection to another user via Email or BBM (does not send saved credentials for security)
Remote Computer Software Compatibility
The following Windows Operating Systems have Remote Desktop Services and can be connected using the Remote Desktop for BlackBerry® client without any additional server side software:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008R2