VMWare Fusion 8: Unsupported SVGA driver?
Getting this error message when you try to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Unsupported SVGA driver
Here are the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 if you have VMware Fusion 8 installed.
- Uninstall vmware tools
- Change the Vmware Operating System type to Windows 10
- Download the Windows 10 iso from Microsoft Software Download Center
- Mount the iso and install using the Upgrade this PC option
- Select Virtual Machine > Settings, Click the CD/DVD drive, Select Choose Disc or Disc Image and then select the .iso file you downloaded
- Launch your Windows 7, access the CD Drive, select download and install updates then select Install.
- Follow on screen instructions to upgrade your Windows and complete your installation.
- Once the installation is complete, reinstall VMware tools